Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Praise Before the Answer Comes


“Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplication. 

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.”
Psalm 28:6-7

 David, as he does so often, complains to God as he is surrounded by evil doers but then he turns to God with prayers of supplication fully expecting God to answer.  His faith is such that he thanks God for answering before the answer is manifest in his life.  His faith is based upon God’s character (The Lord is my strength and my shield.)  He declares his trust in God and he praises God in the midst. 

 I know that my praise usually comes after the answer has been received – when things have turned a corner.  Oh that I learn to praise Him in the midst based on who He is and the relationship that I have with God.  He is my loving Father and King.  He is able.  He cares.  He hears.  He answers.  That will be my confession today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment