Thursday, January 24, 2013

Deer in the headlights

That was me this past week.  What!  Not really, Lord!!!  Gallbladder surgery?  But, God, I eat right.  I have a very lowfat diet.  I even just lost 14 pounds!  That's when I realized (once again) that I am not in control.  Yes, nutrition can give you a better chance at health, but ultimately, we live in this world and are a part of its decaying system.  Genetically, I am predisposed - my dad had his gallbladder taken out.  I hit every high risk category: woman, over 40, and had several children.  And, (who knew?) eating a diet too low in fat and calories and then losing weight can overload your gallbladder! 

"As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So my soul pants for You, O God."
Psalm 42:1

That's the picture of a deer that I want to be - one serenely drinking from the life giving water, trusting, eager, obedient.  So, in the midst of this latest "What?" in my life, I will quiet my soul, go before my Father, and wait, and praise,and be still and drink of His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment