Tuesday, January 8, 2013

God of Your Legacy


“It is not those who are healthy who need a physician,
but those who are sick;
I did not come to call the righteous,
but sinners.” - Jesus
Mark 2:17

Sometimes Christians who humbled themselves for their salvation begin to think that they can now do life in their own strength.  They begin to believe that they are so healthy that they don’t need their Savior any more.  True, we are born again, but unfortunately, as long as we are in this world, our souls and spirits and bodies are not whole and healthy.  Realize daily your need for the Great Physician.  He heals the hurts of life, of the body, soul, and spirit!  He gives comfort where needed and solves problems when called upon.  Don’t try to do it alone.  Recognize your need and go to the Doctor’s office!

God is there when you need Him.  I recall times throughout my life when He intervened for me with love and comfort and chastisements.  There was the time that my life was out of control as a young adult.  He called me back to Himself and the word.  When I yelled at my boys when they were young, He taught me that I didn't need to get rid of anger as much as to fill up with Him and His word and there would be no room for anger and yelling.  He brought me a dress and wrapped me in its folds when I was rejected by my parents and in-laws.  He brought dreams of healing and comfort as I tackled the hurts of my past.  He used a song and a story to draw me into His Father's lap at long last.  There is more that God has done to give me a legacy and a hope to hold onto and pass on. 

What about you?  What "God moments" can you cling to that reminds you of your great legacy in God?  Was it a salvation experience?  a healing experience?  a moment of divine comfort?  a knowing of His presence?  Ask Him.  He will give you these and so much more.  Go to Him and sit in His presence and dance before your King.  He loves you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment