Monday, January 7, 2013

People of Your Legacy


“Make me know your ways, O Lord:
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
For You I wait all the day.”
Psalm 25:4

“You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

Take the initiative, God can be found.  Seek Him out.  Ask Him the hard questions.  He is there and He loves you with a great and mighty love.

Your spiritual legacy includes people that poured themselves into your life.  People who were part of my legacy were Roland and Margaret, retired missionaries at the church that I walked to as a teenager, that handed me books to read (Through Gates of Splendor, Joni, The Hiding Place, etc...), Bob and Rose Zenk, a couple that led the youth at the church and modeled a Christian marriage and family to me, Lee and Glenda Stephenson, the pastor and his wife that taught me the importance of reading God's word, Tracy Halydier, my husband who showed me unconditional love that I might understand God's love, Leigh O'Malley, a faithful friend and prayer warrior, Ellen Moore, a Christian counselor and friend that walked me through forgiveness and encourages me, Joanne Caster, a fellow staff wife that loved me and listened to me and taught me to laugh, Sheri and Eric Friedrich who have been forever friends and still encourage and love us and who walked through all the stages of parenting with us and who daily model God's grace, and Kathy and Rick, faithful workers in god's kingdom.  There are others, but I thank these for their faithfulness and love.

Who has helped you establish a legacy to pass on?  Make sure that you tell them thank you and tell your children about the effect that these faithful saints have had on your life. 

Have you haelped or are you helping to set down a legacy of faith in someone else's life?  It may be your children, grandchildren, a niece or nephew, or a youth in your church.  You can impact a life for eternity by loving and modeling and including someone in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment