Wednesday, January 16, 2013

King of Kings


“The Lord sat as King at the flood,
Yes, the Lord sits as King forever.”
Psalm 29:10

 
Yes, I know I have used that verse recently.  But it is where the rubber meets the road in our Christian faith.  We pray for what we want, but then we must surrender to God’s will.  And we can surrender to God because as King He is able to do all things and He wants what is best for us.  His sovereignty makes my faith real.  Faith is the things hoped for and I can hope because God is able.  He protected His own (Noah and his family) during the flood, He kept the Israelites from the plagues in the midst of Egypt and led them out to make them a great nation, and He is my God as well.  When we know that He is King and we are His, there is nothing to fear.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment