Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Our Shepherd


I ran across this passage in Ezekiel – beautiful.  Here is an excerpt.

“Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel…”
“For thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 
As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day.
I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries and bring them to their own land; and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the inhabited places of the land.
I will feed them in a good pasture…
I will feed My flock and I will lead them to rest, declares the Lord God.
I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick; but the fat and the strong I will destroy.  I will feed them with judgment…
Then I will set over them My Shepherd…
I will make a covenant of peace with them and eliminate harmful beasts from the land so that they may live securely…
And I will cause showers to come down in their season; they will be showers of blessing…”
 Ezekiel 34:1, 11-26ish.

This prophecy refers to the end times - the Millenium and beyond! That is to come.  But Jesus is the Shepherd of His flock today.  He will give rest to our souls and guide us spiritually for now, and in the end times all our needs will be abundantly supplied.  Baa!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment