Monday, February 20, 2012

Inadequacy

It's a Monday!!  I was behind before my feet even hit the floor this morning at 6:30.  My lists are long, the needs are many, and I can't do it all!  I feel inadequacy bending me over.  But God reminds me, "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, our adequacy is from God." ( 2 Corinthians 3:5)  At which point, I fall to my knees and cry out, "Help!"  I pick up my Bible, remind myself that the Creator God of the Universe is in control, on His throne, and loves me (even me!)
I ask Him to plan my day, lead my way, and help me to do it with a smile. 

Is everything perfect from there?  Well, no.  I am human!  I grump at my husband when he comes through the door with another demand (more like a reminder of things not yet done - inadequacy yells!)  I rush through school with the twins, and then, RELIEF, great relief, the actiity that was to take up most of the afternoon has been cancelled!  God does hear my cry!!!  I take a breath, apologize to my husband, sit down and read to the boys.

Inadequate?  You bet!  But my God is adequate for all stresses, all days, all demands, and He makes me adequate for His work for each day.  Thank you Lord that You know me, my frustrations, my bounds, my inadequacies, and that You provide by being my completeness.  I will trust in You this day.

Hint for Today:  Do the next thing next.  When you are overwhelmed, depressed, tired, unable, don't look at the whole just do the next thing next.  When our kids are faced with a large, overwhelming task we ask them, "How do you eat an elephant?"  The answer: "One bite at a time!"  Take the next step, finish the next task, and take time to praise God in the midst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment