Friday, February 17, 2012

Are You Listening?

I can't decide what to write today.  As I thumb through Scripture, I feel as if I am standing in front of a fire hydrant!  There is so much.  So much Love.  So much truth.  So much instruction.  So much God!

I have highlighted through much of Scripture the words that tell of God's character, so these words catch my eye.  He is gentle and kind, His thoughts and ways are higher than my thoughts and ways, His righteousness upholds Him, He hears when we call, He will accomplish that which He desires. He has with us a covenant of peace.  We have a futrue and a hope.  He is the Redeemer, the Holy One.He has great compassion.  We will not be put to shame.  He is our husband. The list is endless. God is there.  He loves us and wants to be in relationship with us. 

So often I set my eyes on the things of this world, the troubles, the frustrations, the busyness, the doubts. Where my thoughts go, so go I!! I choose this day to think upon God's Word, His promises, His love.  I will dwell on praise to our God.  I will sing unto Him.  I will trust Him and be content to allow Him to be Lord over all of my life.  Okay, I may worry a little about what ot fix for dinner, but I will be thankful that I have a choice!

Practical Hint for the day:  Waking up and deciding what to make for breakfast day in and day out can be frustrating.  My husband works from home and doesn't like cold cereal.  Boys are off to classes early.  Mom is not too awake.  So I made a list:  Oatmeal on Monday, french toast on Tuesday; scrambled eggs on Wednesday, pancakes on thursday, fried eggs on Friday, breakfast burritos on Saturday, and omelets on Sunday.  I can do that!  But lists are not my master and I can change things up if I am in a rare mood for the exotic or in a dull mood for more oatmeal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment