Thursday, February 16, 2012

In the midst 2 (too!)

It is definitely an "In the midst day"!  It is one of those days where just getting out of bed is a chore.  The weather is cold, and my body does not like cold weather!  I woke up at 5:00 in severe pain after spending hours earlier in the night fighting a stomachache from the medicines.  Finally, took more medicine at 6:30, and am again fighting a nauseous stomach.  Yuck!  But, my day will not be based on feelings (physical or emotional), but rather on God's promises.

I am fused five levels in my lower back.  The latest report said no more swimming.  Swimming was flairing everything up!  My tendency is to think that every day forward will be like today.  I can get into a pattern of thinking and praying, "God, I can't do this everyday for the rest of my life or for 20 more years or for another week!"  But, God is faithful and true.  He only promises us the moment.  He is Lord of the future as well as the past and the present and I will choose to live in the moment.  He reminds me of Matthew 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

God told Moses that His name is, "I am".  That is in the present.  Not "I was", or "I will be".  He is enough now in the present and I will praise Him for every breath, for every step, and for every opportunity to serve my family and Him.

Choose with me today to look to Him for all comfort, to praise Him with all your heart, and to live to find joy in each moment.

A friend said that my blog needed to have some practical advice for women.  So here is the Practical advice for today:  Whether there be one in  your family or ten, glasses tend to pile up at the sink.  Buy a clorful, fun, plastic placemat and label different pictures or draw circles and label the circles with the names of each family member.  Set it next to the sink.  Each morning put a glass on each spot.  That is their glass for the day.  When not in use it is to be placed on the mat.  Voila!  Not nearly as many glasses will appear in your sink to be washed!  We have an extra spot or two for visitors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment