Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Today we think of love.  I love my boys. I gave gift certificates for Dairy Queen and the local yogurt shop to the boys in their cards.  I included a colorful plastic spoon to eat it with!!  I love my husband; I gave him a card with our special saying and signed with my private nickname that he gave me 27 years ago!  Love is giving.  How do I know?  "God so loved the world that He gave..."  What did He give?  He gave that which was most precious to Him - His Son.  Love is giving sacrificially and covenantly. Jesus's death initiated a new covenant between God and those who would believe - a covenant based on love and forgiveness, not on law and judgment!!

Love is not an emotion changing with every thought and deed, but rather it is commitment, covenant, and sacrifice. There are times that I don't really like what one of my boys or husband does, but that does not change my love.  Love is forever - unconditional.  God is love. (1 John 4:16) If you want to understand love - seek God!

No comments:

Post a Comment