Friday, December 7, 2012

Want Peace?


“Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;
seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness,
through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.”
2 Peter 1:2-3

 That’s what we as humans want the most – grace and peace!  The answer?  Knowledge of God and Jesus.  When we have the true knowledge and base our lives upon that knowledge, God’s power grants us everything pertaining to life and godliness.  He can do this because of His own glory and excellence! 
 
Everything pertaining to life and godliness is a broad statement.  But I have found that it is true!  Yes, my basic needs are met and many of my wants, but even beyond that, He has given peace in the face of rejection, He has brought contentment in the moments of pain, He has guided us through times of despair and uncertainty.  When I am anxious, I look to God and His excellence and I am at peace to let Him rule and control!  Our God is good.  There have been times when I thought me needs were not met (especially the need for friendship) but He has drawn close and I have found the best friend ever!  Growing in godliness requires suffering.  He provides just enough to make us turn to Him, but not enough to break our spirit.  We may feel that we are being asked to trust beyond our ability, but then His Holy Spirit comes and we are made able!  He is ever near and He cares for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment