Monday, December 3, 2012

Job's "Pride" - God's Acceptance


“…because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has…and the Lord accepted Job.”
Job 42:8b-9b

 I was taught that Job did not sin, but then somewhere along the way, I heard the teaching that Job’s sin was pride.  That has been the prevalent teaching about Job for the past several years.  But we find at the beginning of Job that “In all this Job did not sin with his lips.” (Job 2:10b) and then in chapter 42 that God accepted Job without the sacrifice that He required for Job’s friends.  What this tells me is that honest questioning and arguing and even being angry with God is not a sin if our heart’s desire is truth and revelation.  Jacob wrestled with God.  Dara has wrestled with God.  I bet you have too!  But the wrestling is not sin.  Pride would come after God revealed Himself and one was to say, “Too bad, I will do it my way.  I won’t trust God.  I don’t believe Him.”  What pride that would be! 

 Jesus is still the answer.  If He is not enough, go to Him and ask Him to reveal Himself.  Be ready for a storm though.  That is how He answered Job.  God takes the tough things in life to draw us to Him.  Don’t resent the bad times, but rather use them to draw near to God. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment