Monday, December 17, 2012

Tough Days


But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness;
my heart shall rejoice in Your  salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 13:5-6

 That “But” is important because just before these verses, David is feeling rejected and forgotten.  He is begging God for deliverance.  But whether or not God delivers him quickly or not, David will praise the Lord.  I have  had a tough couple of days trying to adjust to new medicine that makes me cry and gain weight.  And there is still pain.  But I will also choose to continue to praise God and wait upon Him.  He has dealt bountifully with me and He is sovereign over all.  He is good and I will sing praises to His name. 

I hope that your days are filled with joy and not feelings of doubt or depression, but when those days come, keep clinging to God and His promises.  He will be with you always!  He loves you.  You are His.  This is only light momentary affliction compared to eternity!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment