Tuesday, October 23, 2012

God is Near


“’Am I a God who is near,’ declares the Lord,
 ‘And not a God far off?
Can a man  hide himself in hiding places
So I do not see him?’ declares the Lord.
‘Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?’”
Declares the Lord.”
Jeremiah 23:23-24

The answer: “Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there,
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me…”
Psalm 139:7-12

Sometimes we don’t feel God’s presence and we feel like he has abandoned us.  But the truth is: He is there with you always.  Jesus said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Act upon what you know is God’s truth and not your feelings.  Take time to praise Him for His presence and His care.  Eventually your feelings will line up with the truth.  But stand on the B-I-B-L-E!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment