Monday, March 12, 2012

Monotony

First of all, I do wish to thank Rooms To Go and Verizon for responding to my emails and blog about their sponsorship of GBC.  Both seemed sincere about being taken off of the advertising list of ABC's anti-Christian show.  We really appreciate their attention to this matter!

We just got back from a homeschool conference in  Colorado.  We did finally get to see some mountains, but there was a whole lot of grassland in southern CO!  But even in the mundane (about two hills and very few trees from San Angelo, TX through Amarillo to Denver) there was beauty.  Tracy saw two or three coyotes. (I was sleeping!)  The clouds and sky were ever changing and beautiful.  And the farms and occassional small town broke up the monotony. 

Sometimes I feel that life is monotonous.  You know the routine: meals, laundry, ironing, chauffeuring kids to events, etc.  And sometimes, I just get plain bored!  But, when I look around and enjoy the moments, the people, the sky and all of nature and remember to praise my Father in Heaven for all the monotonous things in my life, my day takes on a new tone. 

I am a people watcher, and we are a funny bunch!  I was given the privilege to speak at the conference on Raising Exceptional Children: From Geniuses to Those with Learning Disabilities.  We can get so caught up in our children's "issues" that we forget to enjoy them.  Try giving  someone in your life an extra smile today.  Don't respond to them, but rather engage them.  Don't expect their standard reaction and try to do something nice and out of the ordinary for someone today. 

Hint for the day: When I am ironing, I pray for the person whose shirt is on the ironing board.  When I am cleaning bathrooms, I try to praise God for children that make a mess!  Try it.  Try singing as you do the dishes, praising as you dust the furniture, and praying for each member of the family as you set their plate at the table.  A monotonous task will become joyfilled!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment