Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Our Rest

“O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.
Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me.”
Psalm131:1-2


Lord, may your children lean into you for rest and peace and safety and joy.  You are always there welcoming us.  Why does it take a crisis for us to come before you?  May we seek your lap every minute, every decision, every day.  May we find rest under your wings - deep rest for our souls in the midst of a world of sin and chaos. Thank you, Jesus, for preparing a way for us to come to the Father as children.  Thank you that you give us rest and make our load lighter.

Rest is there.  Will you claim it today?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment