Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hearing God

“Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For the sake of Your name, O Lord, revive me.
In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies
And destroy all those who afflict my soul,
For I am Your servant.”
Psalm 143:10-12

“For I am your servant.”  Servants don’t get to decide what to do or when to do it.  They hear and obey.  Immediate obedience.  Hear and do.  Are you listening?  Are you quick to respond?  Are you honoring God as your Master and  not other people or things?  He is trustworthy and true.  His good Spirit will lead you on level ground.

Learning to hear is something that you have to pursue with diligence.  Even if you have the slightest idea that a thought or action is from God, respond to it.  God will honor your faithfulness.  Line up your life with the word and be reading it because God often talks to us through His word.  Listen to other Godly people for counsel, God will talk through them also.  But mostly, be in a relationship with God, walking with Him daily through prayer and praise.  Be practicing the presence of God throughout each day in every task.  He will speak when He has something for you to do.  If you are not hearing from God then keep walking in the way of the word and being faithful.  He will let you know if He needs you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment