Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Attributes of Our Heavenly Father #5

“Will you  not from this time cry to Me, My Father, You are the guide of my youth?” Jeremiah 3:4

God is there.  He wants to hear from you.  He wants you to turn to Him and repent and let Him guide you.  We have the awesome privilege of being able to cry out to God and know that He hears us.  He is a Father that is available and accessible.  When I need Him, He is there.  He surrounds me (Ps. 139).  He is a Father that is deeply involved in our lives.  He knows a word before it is on my tongue!  That’s involved!  He knows the numbers of hair on my head!  That’s involved especially as much as I shed hair!  He considers my way and wants to guide me. 

God’s guidance is not control.   It is not a puppet master moving a marionette.  It is a Father who knows what is ahead, knows the path that will keep us safe, and He guides us to a relationship with Him.  He gives us choices on that path.   He delights in the individual choices that we make.  I  do not believe that God has a plan “A” for my life and if I make a wrong choice I am stuck with a lesser plan “B”.  No, we are in relationship with God.  Just as my children chose their own clothes when they were young and I would delight in watching their personalities evolve through their choices, so God gives us freedom of choice in many things.  He does sometimes have a specific mission for us and can move us toward His goal, but we must choose.  He helps us to never turn to the right or to the left in moral issues through His word and His gentle Spirit.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment