Thursday, April 17, 2014

God's Word United with Faith

“…but the word they heard did not profit them,
because it was not united by faith in those who heard.”
Hebrews 4:2b

“For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword,
and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow,
and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
Hebrews 4:12

"So let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace,
 so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Hebrews 4:16

Not only is the truth of God’s word for salvation, but also for victorious living for the Christian.  But we must continue to unite what we hear and read with faith.  God said it, therefore I believe it and will act upon it.  For example, Philippians tells us , “Be anxious for nothing, but through prayer and supplications make your requests known to God nad the peace thqt passes understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.”  So, I have heard the truth.  Now I must choose, minute by minute to not be anxious.  Every anxious thought that comes into my mind, I choose to turn it to prayer and praise.  I am shocked at the peace that I experience in the midst of hard times.  But I shouldn’t be shocked, it is God’s truth.

I know that the word of God is active and alive.  I must choose to allow the Holy Spirit to convict me of sin.  The word of God says that this is what the Spirit does.  When that conviction comes, by faith, I must repent and be cleansed and accept the judgment against that sin as well as the cleansing of Jesus on the cross.

God’s word says that we can draw near to the cross with confidence and there we will find grace and mercy.  God’s word says it, I choose to believe it and to act upon it.  He is my Father God, my Papa.  I can come to Him and know that no matter what I have done, that I can find forgiveness, acceptance, love, and grace, and mercy at His throne. 

There are so many commands and promises in God’s word.  Don’t just hear them, but begin to apply them with faith and see God’s glorious hand in your life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment