Monday, February 10, 2014

I spent this past weekend at a women's retreat at Alto Frio Baptist Encampment in Leakey, TX.  (SW of San Antonio.)

Wow!  This has been quite a weekend!  I don’t think that I have ever been more exhausted, exhilarated, or at peace.  Emotionally, I have experienced the deepest mourning and the greatest joy.  That in itself is exhausting!  I also carried the emotions of many others as I spoke on joy in the midst and on forgiveness and did quite a bit of praying with others and listening.  Spiritually, God has done deep surgery and it feels good to be rid of the infection, but I am still sore and healing.  Physically, I feel like I was thrown under a bus.  I am on my way to the chiropractor this morning. 

 Revive, Restore, Resolve was the theme of the weekend with our focus verse being Colossians 2:2-3 “…that their hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love, and attaining to all the wealth that comes from the full assurance of understanding, resulting in a true knowledge of God’s mystery, that is , Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”

Revival comes through repentance and acceptance of who we are in Christ.  Restoration comes with the decision to put it all (sins) aside, and resolve comes when we determine to go forth and live differently making Biblical choices and trusting on Jesus.    

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful weekend! I love those times when God works on our hearts so much we come away refreshed and exhausted at the same time.
    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete