Wednesday, May 14, 2014

“In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge;
Let me never be ashamed;
In Your righteousness deliver me.

Incline Your ear to me, rescue me quickly;
Be to me a rock of strength,
A stronghold to save me.

For You are my rock and my fortress;
For Your name’s sake You will lead me and guide me.

You will pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me
For You are my strength.
Into You hand I commit my spirit’
You have ransomed me, O Lord, God of truth.”
Psalm 31:1-5

Lean on the Rock.  Keep leaning on the Rock.  Then lean some more!  David is asking God to incline His ear to hear him.  This means that David was calling out to God.  Call out.  Be on your knees.  He will rescue you.  And not only from the secretly laid nets of others, but farther on in verse 10, David admits that he is also crying out because of his own iniquities.  Remember 1 John 1:9 and be quick to repent and call out to God.  Be restored to that relationship and know that God hears you and will lift you up.  He is also our fortress.  A place of refuge and safety.  A place of peace and quiet in the midst.  Go to Him in the midst.  Spend time and find peace. 

“And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:9-11

 

No comments:

Post a Comment