Friday, January 24, 2014

Belief in the Face of the Impossible


Cyrus, one of the most ruthless kings was led by God to send Jews back to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple to God.  It was prophesied beforehand by Isaiah and Jeremiah then fulfilled in the time of Ezra.  If God could move a pagan king, He can move the heads of banks and financiers!  We are praying for you Garrett and Nathan.  Go in humility and confidence and see what God will do!

 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia,
in order to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah,
the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia,
so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom,
and also put it in writing, saying;
“Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, the Lord, the God of heaven,
has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem,  which is in Judah. 
Whoever there is among you of all His people, may his God be with him! 
Let him go…”
Ezra 1:1-2

What about you?  Are you caught in an impossible situation?  With God all things are possible.  I really struggle with the balance between trust and wanting.  I want God to answer my prayers the way that I want them answered.  But trust says that God will answer my prayers the way that He sees is the best for me.  Oh God help my unbelief!  My trust must be in God as a loving Father, not in what he will do for me.  This means that He may answer "no", and it is not because I have not prayed enough, or that I lack faith, or that I should have fasted.  He answers "no" when He knows that it would do me harm to get my prayers answered.  God even told Jesus "no" when Jesus prayed that the cup of the cross be taken from Him.  God did not promise us comfort, wealth or ease, but rather trails and tribulations that we might have to lean on Him.  But!  But God also promised to be with us through these times. 

Christians have found themselves in jail, tortured, depressed to the point of hopelessness, but God is able to bring peace and joy and hop in the midst.  Cling to Jesus, dear friend, no matter what you are facing.  He will bring victory in your situation through pruning and growth in your spiritual life.  And eternity is coming!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment