Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Free from shame

“You know my reproach and my shame and my dishonor…” Psalm 69:19
“In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge;
Let me never be ashamed.
In Your righteousness deliver me and rescue me
Incline Your ear to me and save me.
Be to me a rock of habitation to which I may continually come;
You have given commandment to save me,
For You are my rock and my fortress.”
Psalm 71:1-2

Shame is born out of our old nature, the flesh.  When you asked Jesus to come and save you, to live within you and to be the ruler of your life, you were born again.  “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold new thing have come.”

2 Corinthians 5:17  So shame for any action that you took before you were born again, you are no longer held responsible for.  They are forgiven, you are declared clean through the blood of Jesus.  If you have shame for things that happened after you were a new creation, then you confess, repent, and rest in Jesus. 

Christians who live in shame are believing a lie from Satan.  He speaks in first person, “I’m no good.”  I am unlovable”,  “ I am so stupid”, etc…  It is Satan throwing your past in your face.  You have a choice to wallow in that shame and regret, or to claim who you ar in Christ!  You are a princess, you are the apple of God’s eye, you are holy, clean. Loved, complete, etc… in Christ Jesus.  The past is simply that – the past.  The only way that it can have power over you is if you allow it to.  You can say to yourself, “That whas then, this is now.”  Tell Satan to flee.  “Submit therefore to God .  Resist the devil.  And he will flee from you.  Draw near to god and He will draw near to you….” James 4:7

Shame has no place in the Christian life unless the Holy Spirit is convicting you to confess and repent.  Be quick to repent and then turn again to God.  He loves you.  He is your Papa!
I encourage you to go through the New Testament and make a chart of the characteristics of the Old Nature and of the new Nature.  One is death, the other life.  Claim who God says that you are and stand firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment